Why do you need travel insurance for Malaysia?
When the unexpected happens, you’ll need support – that’s why travel insurance for Malaysia is essential. Comprehensive Travel Insurance for Malaysia will protect you and your holiday from cancellation costs. It will also help you to avoid any unplanned emergency medical bills when you are away..
AllClear branded policies include enhanced COVID-19 cover for at no extra cost. Travel safely to Malaysia with the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1.
Comprehensive cover when travelling to Malaysia
Comprehensive cover is essential when visiting Malaysia. Did you know that without the right level of cover in place, medical transportation from Malaysia to the UK via air ambulance can cost up to £85,000?
At AllClear, we offer flexible options that you can tailor, our policies:
- Include enhanced Coronavirus cover
- Consider All pre-existing medical conditions, including mental health conditions
- Are 5 Star Defaqto rated, with no upper age limits
With the right level of cover in place, you’ll be able to enjoy all that Malaysia has to offer.
It’s a vibrant destination, home to UNESCO World Heritage Sites, an array of exotic animals and plenty of secluded islands.
Enhanced Covid-19 Travel Insurance for Malaysia
Since the pandemic, 34%2 of travellers surveyed stated that a break was needed for escapism.
If you’re planning an escape to Malaysia (once restrictions are lifted),the Batu Caves, Gunung Gading National Park, Malacca Christ Church, and Manukan Island are just a places you could visit.
While taking a trip to one of Asia’s most popular islands, it’s essential to stay prepared.
In the wake of the pandemic, Chris Rolland, CEO of AllClear Travel Insurance, stated that “AllClear has drawn on 20 years of industry experience to create one of the industry’s most comprehensive Covid-19 travel products on the market.”
So that you can travel safely and with confidence, we recommend that you:
- Stay up-to-date with Malaysia entry requirements by visiting the FCDO website
- Become aware of quarantine requirements on return to the UK by checking the ‘Traffic Light System‘ and make any necessary arrangements.
- Buy reliable travel insurance that includes enhanced COVID-19 cover.
What should a Travel Insurance policy for Malaysia cover?
Comprehensive Travel insurance for Malaysia should cover the following:
Emergency medical expenses – for each trip you take, it is important that the policy you choose includes cover for unforeseen medical emergencies. Remember, you must declare all pre-existing medical conditions during the screening process to ensure your policy is valid.
Repatriation to the UK – if you need to be medically transported back to the UK, this will help cover the costs.
Cancellation and curtailment – should your trip be cancelled or cut short, this will keep you covered.
Baggage and personal property – should your personal belongings be lost, damaged or stolen while you’re away, this will help cover you.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Travel with the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1
Join the 3 Million + people we’ve covered. 97%3 of our customers rate us as ‘Excellent’ or ‘Great.’
Discover what our customer have to say about us:
“Just revamped the renewal quotation with the help of Mel – The realignment reducing the premium because we will not be going stateside this year – Asia, Australia and New Zealand being on the agenda. Quick, easy communication with a callback confirmation (Job nearly done) payment actioned, insurance detail sent within minutes – job done.” – Paul.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently asked questions
Do you need a visa for Malaysia from the UK?
You don’t need a visa to visit Malaysia if you’re a British National.
Where is Malaysia located for travel insurance purposes?
Written by Lydia Crispin, MA Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear
2 Based on research carried out on behalf of AllClear Travel. The sample size was 2,016 adults (nationally representative).
3 Based on 50,000 Trust pilot reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.