Why do you need Travel Insurance for Sri Lanka?
The right level of travel insurance will give you the confidence to explore long-haul destinations such as Sri Lanka. You’ll have support when dealing with unexpected circumstances while you’re away. Sri Lanka Travel Insurance will give you peace of mind that you’re protected against unexpected medical bills and cancellation costs.
It’s time that you traveled with the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1.
Comprehensive cover when travelling to Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is often known as The ‘Pearl of the Indian Ocean. With luxurious resorts and beautiful beaches, it’s easy to see why so many people want to experience all it has to offer.
Teeming with many places of religious and historical significance, you’re sure to find ancient ruins and plenty of sacred temples. Whether you’re visiting Sri Lanka to go sightseeing or to enjoy its tropical climate, you’re sure to have a trip of a lifetime.
While we hope you have a carefree trip, the unexpected can happen. Sri Lanka has no reciprocal agreement with the UK. Without travel insurance in place, you could be left with extensive medical bills.
If you need emergency medical attention, you could be repatriated to the capital, Colombo, for immediate treatment. This alone could cost you £3,840.
Medical transport from Colombo back to the UK, without insurance, would cost tens of thousands of pounds on top of that and would then depend on:
- Your condition and how much care you require
- The type of aircraft
- The availability of the plane
How to choose the right level of cover for Sri Lanka
To avoid unexpected medical costs and cancellations costs, choose a travel insurance policy for Sri Lanka that includes:
Emergency medical expenses – This will only be covered if you have declared all pre-existing medical conditions and your policy is valid.
Repatriation to the UK – offering you medical transport to the nearest facility where you can receive immediate treatments as well as medical transportation back to the UK.
Cancellation and curtailment – covers you for irrecoverable loss due to cancellation or cutting short your holiday.
Baggage and personal property – loss of property can be devastating; however, with baggage cover included in your chosen policy you can claim for damaged, lost or stolen items.
At AllClear, we offer tailored policies to suit you:
- Coronavirus cover that has been rated ‘Superior’ by a leading independent UK consumer champion
- All pre-existing medical conditions considered
- No upper age limits
Enhanced Covid-19 Travel Insurance for Sri Lanka
34%2 said a break was needed for escapism after months of lockdown and Sri Lanka is a great destination for those looking for a new adventure.
If you’re searching for travel insurance for Sri Lanka, it’s essential to buy a policy that includes enhanced Covid cover.
Covid cover provides added protection against covid-related medical emergencies or cancellation costs so that you can travel as safely as possible during the pandemic.
Chris Rolland, CEO of AllClear Travel Insurance, said: “Ensuring that your travel insurance policy covers you fully in these unusual times will give you one less thing to stress about, and hopefully peace of mind. At AllClear, we have comprehensive policies that will play a part in easing the stress of booking a long-awaited summer break.”
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Join the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1
We hope you enjoy every trip you take with us. Join the 97%3 of our customers who rate us as ‘Excellent’ or ‘Great.’
Here’s what they have to say about us:
“Fast to complete and cover included Covid 19 cover. Excellent price compared to other insurance companies I checked”- Mr Purdie.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently asked questions
Can you get travel insurance for Sri Lanka?
How do you plan a trip to Sri Lanka?
- Visit the FCDO website to prepare for Sri Lanka’s entry requirements.
- Choose from a range of experiences and activities to do in Sri Lanka
- Buy quality travel insurance that includes enhanced COVID-19 cover.
Written by Lydia Crispin, MA Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear
2 Based on research carried out on behalf of AllClear Travel. The sample size was 2,016 adults (nationally representative).
3 Based on 50,000 Trust pilot reviews.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.