Be covered in minutes - Freephone Our UK Call Centre
0800 848 8608
Home » Blog » Travel Tips » Useful travel links

Useful travel links

Written by: Lydia Crispin | Travel Insurance Expert
Last updated: 14 May 2024 | Created: 18 July 2022

There are a lot of things to take care of when you’re organising your holiday. To help you track it all, here is our all-in-one list of your useful travel links for travelling overseas.

Government and other organisations

Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
This government website covers travel advice for all countries and details on any travel documents or requirements you might need before you travel.

Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA)
Great for general guidance and advice before you travel. ABTA also ensure its members follow its code of conduct.

Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
The CAA oversees and regulates the UK aviation industry. They’re responsible for making sure the industry meets the highest safety and security standards and that consumers have choice, value for money, are protected and treated fairly when they fly.

NHS fit for travel
Designed to help you check what vaccinations you’ll need for whichever country you’re visiting. It’s easy to use and worth checking when you book your trip. You can also use Travel Health Pro

Visas, waivers and other travel documents

HM Passport Office
Many countries require at least six months left before your passport expiration date before you can enter the country. Check your passports are still firmly in date and if you need a replacement, allow plenty of time for processing.

ESTA VISA Waiver Program
A requirement for any trips to the USA which are under 90 days.

European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS)
A VISA waiver for the EU Schengen Zone, which UK travellers will need from 2024.

GHIC card
If you’re travelling to the EU (except Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland), you’ll need to arrange a GHIC card. For more details about the GHIC card, see our blog about it.

International Driving Permit
If you plan on driving abroad, you may need an IDP. Check if you need one using the link above.

If there’s any useful travel links we’ve missed, please let us know.

Author notes

Written by Russell Wallace, Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear