Travel insurance for arrhythmia
When you have been diagnosed with a heart condition, like arrhythmia (often known as heart rhythm problems), you might have experienced difficulty with finding the travel insurance you need. This is where AllClear can help by providing you with arrhythmia travel insurance.
AllClear was launched in 2000 as the first dedicated provider of medical travel insurance in the UK. In the past 16 years, AllClear has covered over 500,000 travellers for over 1300 different medical conditions.
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All medical conditions. All ages.
Why it’s important to declare your arrhythmia
Many standard travel insurance policies will exclude or decline cover for medical conditions like arrhythmia. Therefore, it’s vital that you declare your condition to a specialist travel insurance provider. This will ensure you have the comprehensive cover in place that you need.
If you don’t declare your condition and have a medical emergency while on holiday, you could be left with an expensive hospital bill, as any claim could be invalidated. Furthermore, in some countries such as Spain and the USA, hospital costs can be extremely high.
Getting a quote for travel insurance with arrhythmia
First of all, you will need to input your personal details and information about your trip. Secondly, you will then declare your arrhythmia and any associated or other medical conditions that you have.
Following this, you will be need to answer some simple questions regarding your conditions. These questions won’t take long and will provide you with a number of travel insurance quotes for your holiday(s). They include:
- Questions on any arrhythmia medication you’re taking (although you won’t need to know the names of any of your medications).
- Any treatments you are having for your arrhythmia.
- Whether you have had any unplanned hospital visits for your arrhythmia.
- If your heart rhythm has ever caused collapses, faints or blackouts.
- If you have been told that the arteries in your heart are blocked or narrowed.
After the questions, you are able to view your quotes. You have the option to save the quotes or proceed to purchase. At this stage, you can compare the different cover levels and benefits so that you can make an informed decision.
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Single trip or annual multi-trip?
With an annual multi-trip policy you can take as many trips as you want within a 12 month period.
For annual multi-trip cover (on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies), there is a maximum holiday length of 31 days if you are over 70. In addition, if you are under 70 the maximum holiday length is 45 days. With an annual multi-trip policy for travel insurance for arrhythmia, all trips must start and end in the UK.
When planning a trip longer than 45 days, a single trip quote might be a better option. This is also the case if you are only planning 1 trip in the year.
For more information read our single trip travel guide.
AllClear gives you choice
At AllClear, we offer our customers genuine choice with our quick and easy online medical screening process. Saving you both money and time. There are also Help Centre and a Live Chat option available to help you if you need it.
Our screening process offers you our own products, as well as products from a range of selected specialist providers. This way we can offer a choice of travel insurance for someone with arrhythmia that’s fairly priced.