Comprehensive Cover When Travelling to Cyprus
There are plenty of reasons to travel to Cyprus. Maybe you’re due a much needed break from work or it could be just wanting to explore the culture and cuisine of one of Europe’s most idyllic destinations. Whatever the reason, it’s best you get a quote here today to ensure you’ve got the best level of cover to make sure your holiday has the security it needs.
Statistics from the Association of British Insurers show that every few minutes a UK holidaymaker needs emergency medical treatment abroad. These claims can range between a few hundred pounds to tens of thousands of pounds depending on your holiday destination. Nonetheless, no one wants to have their holiday ruined by any unexpected bills so make sure you have the cover you need to avoid this.
There’s no question that Coronavirus has changed a lot within the travel industry but with our AllClear policies we can protect your holiday during this new normal. Our policies offer cancellation and curtailment cover and enhanced medical cover for any pre-existing conditions you may have. AllClear branded policies now include cover for Covid-19 so if you were unfortunate as to contract the virus whilst abroad, all you’d need to focus on is getting better and leave the medical expenses to us.
Always double check the list of exempt countries to ensure that it is ok to travel to your destination as cover will only apply if the advice in place at the time of your travel is not for essential travel only.
Do you need travel insurance for Cyprus?
Although Cyprus might not be on the travel corridor just yet, you may still be excited to plan your trip once the ban is lifted.
Each year thousands of UK citizens travel abroad and through their insurance, are able to get the help and support they need when things do not go to plan. Whether it’s for medical reasons or for something else such as losing your baggage, having comprehensive travel insurance is vital. Some common medical occurrences are a broken bone, fractures and wounds/infections. Others include unexpected issues stemming from pre-existing medical conditions. Our insurance will cover you for all of these medical emergencies.
You may be thinking “I have an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) so I don’t need travel insurance”. While this is great as it’s free and can still be used up until 31st December 2020 giving you the same state-provided healthcare treatment as though you are a resident in Cyprus, the EHIC doesn’t cover all medical bills such as repatriation costs. Therefore, you must ensure you have comprehensive travel insurance as well as the EHIC.
What does Cyprus travel insurance cover include?
We offer many different policies each with different levels of cover. Run a quote today to find the best one for you.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000, including for Covid-19
- Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover, including for Covid-19
- Up to 30 days FREE extended cover (if due to unexpected circumstances beyond your control)
- Up to £2,000, if medically necessary, for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19 (costs for room and to accompany you home)
- Repatriation costs, when medically necessary, to bring you back to the UK where it is deemed to be in your best interests
- Following recovery from Coronavirus, costs for a continued recuperation stay, when medically necessary and under doctors advice
- Costs for your return flight following your enforced stay due to Coronavirus
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000
- All conditions. All ages.
Am I covered for travel in the Coronavirus pandemic?
To make sure you're covered there are three things to check:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses or cancellation relating to COVID-19, when you have travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. If you’re an existing policyholder, you can read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cyprus Travel Insurance
Will you have cover for all of my medical conditions?
We cover all pre-existing medical conditions. You can find out more about the cover we provide online or through our call centre.
Do you have the option to extend your trip?
If you have purchased a Single Trip policy and want to extend your holiday, please call one of our customer care agents. If you have an Annual Multi-Trip policy, you have the option to increase your length of stay per trip from the standard 45 days to 55 days.
Can you get insurance if you’re over 70?
Yes. We cover all ages. If you would like a quote, please click our ‘get a quote’ button now. Or contact us through our call centre.