Do You Need Family Travel Insurance?
Family travel insurance offers peace of mind for all your loved ones on holiday.
Worried what would happen if a family member became unwell or injured? We offer protection with the world’s largest 24/7 emergency assistance network and, on a family policy, everyone is covered for repatriation should one member need to come home early.
During your quote, we’ll also help you compare quote prices to save your family time and money.
Choose AllClear cover for your family holiday, and join over 3 million travellers.
Why Families Choose AllClear
“I spoke to Demi first who went through all my family’s medical conditions, which are quite a few! She was easy to speak to, really nice and explained everything. I then called back later to buy the policy and spoke with Joe who again was very nice, confident and clearly explained everything else I needed. Really good customer service and the first insurance company happy to cover all our pre-existing conditions.”
We’re glad we could cover all pre-existing medical conditions in Sam’s family!
We offer cover to 99% of customers.*
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
97% of customers rate us as Great or Excellent.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Freephone our UK Call Centres to talk with our expert consultants, or quote online to get comprehensive family travel insurance in minutes!
What If Any Family Members Have Pre-Existing Medical Conditions?
AllClear has covered over 1,300 different medical conditions.
Simply declare all of your pre-existing medical conditions during your quote, and we’ll compare up to 61 prices to find the right medical cover for your trip.
What Else Does Family Travel Insurance Cover?
Family holiday insurance can offer a variety of additional benefits, including:
- Activities if your family is planning an adventurous holiday. The activities covered as standard might surprise you – such as safari trekking and zorbing – it’s always worth checking
- Optional add-ons to cover specific activities such as Winter Sports and Golf or additional protection for gadgets
- End Supplier Failure is included as standard on AllClear Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum to offer protection if your airline or booking company goes bust and your holiday costs are not protected by the ABTA or ATOL schemes
When Is the Best Time to Buy Family Travel Insurance?
It’s always a good idea to take out travel insurance as soon as you’ve booked your holiday, but this is even more important when it comes to family policies. The cost of booking travel and accommodation is usually more expensive for larger groups, and you won’t want to lose this money should you have to cancel your trip.
Most family policies will cover a party consisting of up to two adults and two children up to the age of 18 – but it’s always worth checking between providers.
Get Online Quotes in 3 Simple Steps
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Should You Choose a Single Trip or an Annual Policy?
When buying family travel insurance, you will usually be offered single-trip or annual multi-trip policies. If you’re only travelling once or twice a year with your family, single trip policies bought for each holiday covering the dates specified are often the cheapest way to get cover.
If you plan to travel with your family two or more times a year then an annual travel insurance policy may save you some money. Annual family travel insurance will cover you for any number of trips within the 12 month period after you specify the cover start date. Importantly, family members are also allowed to travel independently on an annual policy. So you don’t all need to travel together to make the most of your 12 months of cover!
Ready to quote?
Let us help your family travel care free. Start you quote online and you can compare up to 61 prices to find the perfect holiday cover for your family.
* Based on quotes between August 2017 and July 2018.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.