What is Group Travel Insurance?
Going on holiday in a group can be a little difficult when trying to organise everyone’s travel and accommodation…
So luckily group travel insurance bucks this trend – saving time on trying to arrange individual cover by protecting everyone under a single policy.
This guide will further explain the cover benefits of group travel insurance, helping you find the perfect cover for your trip.
What Counts as a Group?
If you are travelling in a traditional family of two adults and two under 18’s, a family policy is available to you. Otherwise a group policy is more suitable!
What if Someone in the Group Has a Pre-Existing Medical Condition?
You might want to consider specialist travel insurance with medical benefits.
Most importantly, if someone in the group falls ill before or during the trip, group travel insurance will allow everyone to claim for cancellation, curtailment or repatriation should they not wish to continue.
However, the NHS advises that an EHIC only provides you with the same level of free treatment as provided by that country’s health service. Therefore, many treatments that are free through the NHS may require an additional fee or not be covered in the scheme at all.
The EHIC also doesn’t cover emergency transport back to the UK (Repatriation).
Benefits of an AllClear Policy
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000
- Personal belongings covered up to £3,000
- £5,000 cancellation and curtailment cover
- No excess with Platinum policies
- All ages. All conditions. All destinations.
All figures are per person, per trip.
Going on an Active Holiday?
Many providers will offer extra cover for your activities – such as winter sports and golf cover benefits. Though, you might be surprised how many activities are allowed without any additional premium. For example, on AllClear Gold or Gold Plus you can go jet skiing, safari trekking, camel riding or even zorbing without any added cost!
Why More Than 2.8M Trust AllClear
98% of customers have rated us as ‘Excellent’ or ‘Great’.
I tried to get a quote online but, because of one of my group having multiple conditions, I was advised I would have to ‘phone to complete my requirements. I had been advised by friends that AllClear was very efficient and met any claims quickly. I telephoned and it was answered very swiftly by a lady who was clear, very polite and who efficiently covered all aspects of my requirements, and my policy was completed in less than 15 minutes. The documents were e-mailed almost immediately after I put the ‘phone down and on inspection, they covered everything we had agreed. I was impressed.
Quote Online in 3 Easy Steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
FAQ’s During a Quote
How many travellers can you add to a group policy?
- With AllClear, a group policy can be for between 2-10 people. If your group is greater than 10, and members have to be insured on another policy, as long as you select same travel insurance provider – e.g. AllClear Gold Plus cover – you can still be covered for cancellation, curtailment or repatriation should another member of your group need to cancel or cut short their trip.
What if someone in your group is insured by another provider?
- If you have separate insurance providers, you will need to include the optional extra Travelling Companion cover for them to be covered against your pre-existing medical conditions. Please note, this optional extra is only available on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus. In order for you to be covered for their pre-existing medical conditions, they would need to speak to their insurance provider as well. So, you can see how being insured under different travel insurance providers can complicate making a claim. A group policy also makes things easier if things go wrong because you will only have one insurer to contact. This can speed up access to emergency support, as well as the claims process.
We hope you found this guide on group travel insurance helpful!
If you’d like to compare up to 61 prices, click the quote now button below to find your perfect policy.