Travel Insurance for HIV and AIDS
HIV travel insurance covers you if you or someone you know is living with HIV and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
Many basic travel insurance policies will not cover HIV and AIDS, or will decline after a medical screening. Bit if you are living with these conditions, you can still get specialist travel insurance cover.
- Specialist travel insurance that can cover HIV
- Cover available up to a high level of severity
- Cover for a terminal prognosis
In order to provide the right level of HIV travel insurance cover, we will ask you a series of simple medical questions. This enables us to provide you with appropriate cover for your holiday – it’s very easy and will only take a few minutes. Medical screening ensures we provide the right level of cover to suit you and your condition.
Travel insurance for travelling companions on the same policy
Your travelling companions can be covered on the same policy so that if you need to cancel your holiday due to your HIV, you and your companions can all make a claim. Your travelling companions might not be able to claim for cancellation if they have bought travel insurance through a different provider.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Get Quotes in Just 3 Easy Steps
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 Star Trustpilot Rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Tips for Travelling with HIV
If you have HIV, you will probably want to be doing everything you can to stay fit and healthy. So here is our guide on travelling with HIV (Thanks to HIV Positive Magazine for some of this information)
Talk to an experienced HIV doctor beforehand
- Treatments for HIV are complex and fast-changing, and you really need to work with someone who knows what they’re doing.
Take your medication on your travels
- When you are travelling with HIV, the most important thing you can do is take your medication on time, every time, without fail. Make sure you take enough of your medication with you, and have extra in case any gets lost. If you can, get regular exercise. A bit of a tough one but you could use your holiday to make sure you are doing regular exercise. It can make you look better, sleep better, and feel better. It helps you manage your weight. It elevates your mood. An ideal workout includes aerobic exercise like walking, jogging, or cycling.
Get your rest and relaxation
- Use your holiday as an opportunity to make sure you get enough rest. The immune system is enhanced by sleep and rest and impaired by stress, so use your holiday to restore the balance. People living with HIV have extolled the benefits of massage for years, claiming it helps with stress reduction. A number of studies show that the massage can improve your immune system’s function. So, you might want to consider getting a massage on holiday too.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.