HIV travel insurance
- Specialist travel insurance that can cover HIV
- Cover available up to a high level of severity
- Cover for a terminal prognosis
Travel insurance for HIV
In order to provide the right level of HIV travel insurance cover, we will ask you a series of simple medical questions. This enables us to provide you with appropriate cover for your holiday – it’s very easy and will only take a few minutes. Medical screening ensures we provide the right level of cover to suit you and your condition.
Travel insurance for travelling companions on the same policy
Your travelling companions can be covered on the same policy so that if you need to cancel your holiday due to your HIV, you and your companions can all make a claim. Your travelling companions might not be able to claim for cancellation if they have bought travel insurance through a different provider.
Key benefits of cover
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £5,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- Any age. Any medical condition. Any destination.
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
What our customers say
Tips for travelling with HIV
If you have HIV, you will probably want to be doing everything you can to stay fit and healthy. So here is our guide on travelling with HIV (Thanks to HIV Positive Magazine for some of this information)
Talk to an experienced HIV doctor beforehand
- Treatments for HIV are complex and fast-changing, and you really need to work with someone who knows what they’re doing.
Take your medication on your travels
- When you are travelling with HIV, the most important thing you can do is take your medication on time, every time, without fail. Make sure you take enough of your medication with you, and have extra in case any gets lost. If you can, get regular exercise. A bit of a tough one but you could use your holiday to make sure you are doing regular exercise. It can make you look better, sleep better, and feel better. It helps you manage your weight. It elevates your mood. An ideal workout includes aerobic exercise like walking, jogging, or cycling.
Get your rest and relaxation
- Use your holiday as an opportunity to make sure you get enough rest. The immune system is enhanced by sleep and rest and impaired by stress, so use your holiday to restore the balance. People living with HIV have extolled the benefits of massage for years, claiming it helps with stress reduction. A number of studies show that the massage can improve your immune system’s function. So, you might want to consider getting a massage on holiday too.