Ischemic heart disease travel insurance
Do you have ischemic heart disease, otherwise known as coronary heart disease? Desperate for a relaxing holiday but not sure you can get affordable cover? AllClear is here to help you. If you’ve had trouble finding suitable quotes until now, then you’ve come to the right place to find ischemic heart disease travel insurance.
We’re the leading specialists in providing travel insurance for people with pre-existing medical conditions. Since 2000, we’ve found cover for 500,000 people with over 1,300 different conditions.
Click the quote now button to see what we can offer you, or read on to find out more about how we could help.
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £5,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- Any age. Any medical condition. Any destination.
Travel insurance: ischemic heart disease
Especially if you’ve been recently diagnosed, a holiday might be just what you need. We believe that everyone, no matter their age or health status, should be able to travel safely and happily.
It’s our mission to make sure our customers have affordable, comprehensive insurance that will make them feel secure during their travels. To achieve this, we work with a panel of other insurance providers to give you the best cover at the best prices. With suitable insurance, travel with ischemic heart condition can be relaxing and rewarding.
Heart disease travel insurance: The facts
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
How we can help
Arranging fully comprehensive coronary angioplasty travel insurance means you can enjoy your holiday and enjoy the peace of mind that any medical help you may need, will be paid for.
All our policies include 24 hour medical emergency support. We also have no upper age limit on our AllClear policies. Our insurance provides all the cover you’d usually expect, for example if you need to cancel or curtail your trip, and missed departures and delays.
Our online quote process is straightforward, and we’ve got a helpful knowledge base if you do need further help. If you have all the details you need to hand, then it should only take a few minutes to get a range of quotes for ischemic heart disease travel insurance.
First, you’ll need to give us some key personal information and details of your planned trip. Then, you’ll be asked to fill out the medical screening questions. Some of the things we’ll ask about your medical history include:
- Whether you’ve ever had a heart bypass, an angioplasty or a coronary stent.
- Whether you are a smoker or used to smoke.
- Details of your current symptoms.
- Any associated conditions such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure.
You’ll then see a range of quotes to compare, with a full breakdown of the cover offered. You can purchase the policy that best suits you directly from our site.
If you’d like to get a quote for the people that’ll be travelling with you, then it’s easy to add them in at the same time so that you’re all covered by the same policy.
Ready to get your quotes? Click the quote now button below to get started.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
What our customers say
Travelling with ischemic heart disease
Ischemic heart disease, also known as coronary heart disease, is a medical condition that you’ll definitely need suitable cover for when travelling. But there’s no reason for you not to have a great time away. Travelling with ischemic heart disease means that with just a little more advance planning and small, simple adjustments, you can have a happy and healthy trip.
Choosing the holiday that’s right for you
The best way to make travelling with ischemic heart disease easier is to plan your holiday properly and well in advance. Your doctor will be able to provide you with some useful and personalised ischemic heart disease travel tips, so don’t forget to discuss your plans with them before you book.
Consider how relaxing you’d like your trip to be, what you’d like to get out of it, and try to be honest with yourself about what you can and can’t do. Depending on your condition, there are probably a few things that are out of bounds. Spa and sauna facilities, such as Jacuzzis, hot tubs and steam rooms, aren’t usually recommended for people with ischemic heart disease, for example. This is another thing you can check with your doctor.
Ischemic heart disease travel tips
- There are some basic things you can do to make your holiday run smoothly, without unnecessary stress. We’ve gathered together some of the top tips for travelling with ischemic heart disease below.
The travelling part of any holiday can make anyone weary and stressed, so take some measures to keep things calm, such as:
- Pack as lightly as you can, using a suitcase on wheels that’s easy to manoeuvre. And don’t be afraid to accept help when necessary!
- Make all the arrangements, such as transfers and taxis, in advance of your trip.
- Ask for an aisle seat and stretch your legs on the plane. Moving about every half an hour will encourage your blood to circulate and lower the risk of developing deep vein thrombosis (blood clots).
- Drink plenty of water while onboard and avoid alcohol so that you stay hydrated.
Properly organising your medication is the most important thing you can do to ensure a relaxing holiday. We’d recommend:
- Taking more of your medication that you’d normally need in case of any delays, loss or damage. Your doctor will be able to help you with this.
- Work out when you’ll need to take your medication if you’re traveling to a different time zone.
- Keep your medication safely in your hand luggage.
- Consider taking your prescription or notes on the type and dosage of your medication in case you need treatment or need to source more medication while abroad.
It’s also really important to keep in good health by staying hydrated, especially if you’re in a warm country. Keep a good stock of bottled water in your room and always carry some with you when out and about.
We hope you’ve found our ischemic heart disease travel tips useful and we wish you a fantastic holiday!