Over 90’s Travel Insurance with No Age Limits?
Travelling with friends and family is one of life’s greatest pleasures at any age but many travel insurance providers won’t cover you when you’re over 90. AllClear, however, believe everyone deserves the right to travel. That’s why we cover: All ages. All medical conditions.
Our over 90’s travel insurance lets you travel on your own terms. We take care of any cancellation costs, your personal belongings, and – most importantly – medical emergency expenses. Read our guide below for finding the right policy, and you can holiday with peace of mind.
Key Benefits of Cover
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All medical conditions. All ages.
Do You Have to Declare All of Your Pre-Existing Medical Conditions?
It’s vital that you declare all of your medical conditions so can have the right medical cover. Especially when not declaring a condition could make your policy invalid, and when 52% of all holiday claims are for medical treatment.
We can help you get comprehensive medical travel insurance in a matter of minutes, through our simple 3 step quote process online or by speaking to one of our trained professionals over the phone.
Compare Quotes in 3 Easy Steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
What Else Can We Cover?
- 24/7 access to an Emergency Medical Assistance Team and medical repatriation where necessary to your Home Country
- Cover for travel delays and other costs should you need to make alternative arrangements, in the event that any booked transport is heavily delayed or cancelled
- Cover for baggage and possessions including your money, passports and travel documents in case they are lost, damaged or stolen while you are travelling. We can also cover expensive gadgets (up to 7) such as mobile phones and tablets with a special add-on that provides £3,000 of cover
- Cover for a variety of activities free of charge on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus – including jet-skiing, horse riding, scuba diving (up to 30 meters deep), safari and gorilla trekking, cycling, and, if you fancy it, even camel riding!
The adventures don’t stop when you’re over 90 and – tailor your policy to suit your needs!
Our optional extras are there to enhance your cover for a variety of areas and activities. They range from Winter Sports cover to Golf Cover. Upgrade your cover to ensure you have the level and quality you require.
What Our Customers Say
We’re proud to be the UK’s Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider on Trustpilot*
“One of very few available online travel insurance policies for the over 90’s and by far the cheapest.” – Alan House, Trustpilot
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
*Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 500 reviews in the last 12 months as of October 2019
Travel Tips for Over 90’s
Consider adding these steps to your holiday checklist.
- Schedule a visit to your GP for a medical examination and to get travel advice. Mention your destination and ask your GP about any precautions you should take. For example, if you’re taking medication on a regular schedule, ask your doctor about adjusting that schedule to fit different time zones. Also, make sure you have enough medication to cover the whole trip AND some extra for delays or emergencies
- When it comes to packing, be strategic. Keep all your medications in your hand luggage where you can, and keep an eye on it. Some medication may require syringes or injection pens, so it’s also essential to have a medical certificate for these as well as a note from your doctor detailing your prescription
- Consider using a tour operator specialising in trips for senior travellers. However, many hotels, airlines, and airports are happy to accommodate people with different needs, so don’t be afraid to make your needs known ahead of time
- All UK airports offer an assistance service for passengers with reduced mobility (PRM). Note that this isn’t for disabled passengers only – it covers anyone who has difficulty walking. The service is needs-dependant, which means you can receive help from your arrival to checking-in and through to boarding
- Get to know your travel insurance documents, making a note of any emergency numbers should you need to use them. Even better, save them to your phone or tablet for ease of access. If you lose your documents, just give us a call on 0800 640 4811 or chat to us online. We’ll send you replacement documents in no time!
FAQ’S About Over 90’s Travel Insurance
Does the over 90’s travel insurance cover sports and other activities?
Should you get single trip or annual multi-trip cover?
Single trip travel insurance is a policy that covers you for a one-off trip on selected dates. It has the great benefit of allowing you to travel for longer: up to 92 days online.
If you’re planning on getting away a few times in the next 12 months, buying an annual multi-trip policy can be cheaper. Also, annual cover gives you the freedom to travel as many times as you like throughout the year!
The maximum trip duration does change between annual multi-trip policies, and you can view them here: Maximum trip durations. As an example, you can travel up to 45 days per trip on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus annual multi-trip cover – however old you are. And you can even pay a little bit more to get an extension for up to 55 days!
What if you are on a waiting list for treatment?
We’re pleased to say you can include Waiting list cover on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies.
Does the over 90’s travel insurance cover damages from natural disasters?
To be covered for natural disasters, such as a hurricane or earthquake, you can add our Optional Extra of Travel Disruption.
How often can you travel with over 90's annual travel insurance?
For AllClear Gold and Gold Plus annual multi-trip policies, you can take any number of trips during the year. Rather than needing to tell us exactly where you’ll be, you only need to select your preferred region of the cover.
However, there may be restrictions on how many times you can travel in 12 months for other providers on our quote panel. You can also check out the maximum trip duration for each holiday per provider here.
How is the cost of over 90’s travel insurance calculated?
A number of factors are taken into consideration when calculating premiums. These include: The destination to which you are traveling (for example, Spain, the United States, and Canada are among the more expensive countries in which to receive medical treatment); the duration of your trip; the type and severity of your medical conditions and your age and the level of benefits being offered to you.
Also, quote premiums vary by the provider because they can offer different levels of cover, excesses, and upgrades.
How to make sure you are ‘Fit to travel’?
You don’t need to provide us with a certificate from your doctor, but you will need to confirm you’re fit to travel at the time of getting a quote or purchasing a policy. If you need to make a claim, you may require a letter from your doctor confirming that you were fit to travel at the time you bought your policy, and the date when you were declared unfit to travel.
What if you buy an over 90’s travel policy then your medical conditions change?
If you have bought an over 90’s travel policy and you need to amend a detail of your declared medical conditions then simply get in touch at the earliest possible opportunity and we will update your details.
It’s important to let us know of any changes before you travel to ensure your policy is the most up to date and you’re still covered.
How can we help you find over 90's travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions?
Most travel insurance policies are optional, but if you recently have or had a medical condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure or stroke, buying medical travel insurance might be a pre-requisite to your travel.
We are an experienced medical travel insurance provider. Many of our customers have pre-existing medical conditions. For most medical conditions we can provide full cover, including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
What counts as a pre-existing medical condition?
There are some medical conditions that you always need to declare:
- Any respiratory conditions, heart conditions, any neurological conditions (including stroke and epilepsy), cancer, blood circulatory conditions, any diabetic conditions, any renal, liver or kidney conditions, any psychiatric or psychological conditions (including anxiety, stress and depression).
If your medical condition is not in the above categories, you only need to tell us about anything for which you have received surgery, in or out-patient treatment, tests or investigations for in a hospital, clinic or GP surgery within the last 24 months. Or any medical condition for which you have been prescribed medication in the last 5 years.
For more information, read our medical warranty help article.