Holiday cover for someone with pancreatic cancer
Pancreatic cancer shouldn’t stop you from travelling and one of the things you will need to think about as part of your plans is proper travel insurance.
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All medical conditions. All ages.
Why do you need cover for pancreatic cancer?
Travel insurance is there to compensate you should anything covered in your policy go wrong with your travel. This normally includes everything from having to cancel your trip to claiming for lost baggage.
The most important thing for many holidaymakers is medical expenses cover. If you become ill while overseas, emergency treatment can be expensive and you could end up with a hefty bill if you don’t have insurance in place. You may be more likely to need help if you have a pre-existing medical condition, such as pancreatic cancer, so adequate cover is a must.
If you have to cancel or cut short your holiday because of your pancreatic cancer, or you had to spend time in a hospital, your insurance can cover this.
Insurance can also be offered for each person named on the policy so if you have family, friends or carers travelling with you, they can be added to your cover. They can then make a claim if you have to cancel or curtail your holiday because of your medical condition.
To get cover for pancreatic cancer, you will need to declare it when buying your insurance.
Get online quotes in just 3 easy steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
How medical screening works
Our website offers a simple medical screening questionnaire when you apply for a quote – it may help speed the process up if you have all the information relevant to your condition to hand. Here are a few examples of questions we may ask you to ensure you get the right level of cover.
- Has the cancer ever spread, and where to?
- When were you diagnosed?
- Have you had surgery to remove a tumour?
- Are you being treated with chemotherapy or radiotherapy or is treatment planned?
- Are you taking any medication for this condition?
We may need to ask you a few more questions over the phone as well. If you’d prefer to talk to us, call our UK call centre free on 0808 169 2238, any day of the week. If you get stuck at any point, our Help Centre and Live Chat can answer common questions and help you along the way.
Common questions about pancreatic cancer and holiday insurance
Can I buy pancreatic cancer travel insurance online?
Yes, you will need to go through our online medical screening process and answer a few questions about your condition before making payment. You can also call our UK call centre free on 0808 169 2238 if you would prefer to but over the phone.
Will you provide holiday cover if my cancer has spread?
Unlike some providers, this is something we consider covering. You will need to complete our medical screening process declaring the cancer, where it has spread to, any treatment you are receiving and any other medical conditions you have. Your doctor would also need to declare you fit to travel.
Will you still cover me if I’ve recently had surgery (a pancreatectomy) and need treatment while on holiday?
Yes but you will need to have been declared fit to travel and fully discharged from the surgery before going through our medical screening process where we’ll ask you a few questions including why you had it. The medical screening will need to be accepted and any additional premium paid.
I have terminal pancreatic cancer, will you cover me for my trip?
We may able to offer a quote following a terminal diagnosis providing a few criteria are met. Your GP or doctor will need to confirm that you are fit to travel, a transport carrier will need to be prepared to take you; and your prognosis will need to be more than six months from the return date of travel.
Travel tips for someone with pancreatic cancer
Get clearance from your doctor before travelling
- There are many things that could effect your health that need to considered, for example, if you have a low white blood cell count you are at greater risk of contracting viruses
Carry enough medication
- You should carry enough medication with you to cover the duration of your trip in your hand luggage so it is to hand should you need it. Apply for any medication licenses you need from your medical professional well in advance and carry them with you
Check nearby medical facilities
- Make sure the medical facilities at your destinations(s) can treat you for any potential medical emergencies
Take care with your documents
- Carry your travel insurance documents with you at all times and keep back-ups at home and on your phone or tablet
Get an EHIC
- If you’re travelling within Europe make sure to apply for and carry your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) in addition to your insurance policy documents. The EHIC grants you healthcare for free or at a reduced cost in some EU countries and most insurance policies require you to have one
Be aware of the sun
- Take care in the sun, chemotherapy drugs can make your skin more sensitive to the sun so plenty of sun cream, wearing a hat and loose clothes and sticking to the shade in the hottest parts of the day is a good idea
Why more than 2.8 million people have chosen AllClear
AllClear has already helped over 2.8 million customers with pre-existing medical conditions find travel insurance policies to fit their needs.
“Great service, professional and quick, took the hassle out of finding holiday insurance cover for my grandson who has just finished treatment for cancer and so looking forward to a welcomed holiday. Thank you.”
Susan Pickup – TrustPilot
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
If you’d like to start your quote, click the green button below.