What is worldwide travel insurance?
Worldwide travel insurance covers you if you wish to travel anywhere around the world with peace of mind at any age, even if you have pre-existing medical conditions. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, while abroad, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and unnecessary complications that could arise when you’re away.
Worldwide travel insurance offers the same cover as a policy for holidays to Europe, except it covers you for travelling anywhere in the world. This means it takes into account the higher cost of medical treatment in destinations such as the USA.
Worldwide cover is often split into two categories: the first excludes Canada, USA, and the Caribbean and the second includes these destinations. When buying a policy, it’s vital you check that your destination is covered.
Why Should You Consider Worldwide Travel Insurance?
In Europe, there are agreements in place to contribute to the cost of medical treatment for visitors from other EU countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. If you are travelling in Europe, a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) means you’re entitled to free or reduced-cost medical care and treatment (although you will still need a travel insurance policy too).
However, these agreements do not extend to countries outside the EU, and you could be left with a hefty medical bill if you do not have travel insurance in place – an air ambulance from the USA could cost upwards of £80K.
Benefits of an AllClear Policy
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000
- Personal belongings covered up to £3,000
- £5,000 cancellation and curtailment cover
- Any age. Any medical condition. Any destination.
All figures are per person, per trip.
What Does The Worldwide Travel Insurance Cover?
A worldwide policy offers the same benefits as standard insurance policies, often including cover for:
- Baggage and personal possessions if they are lost, damaged or stolen while travelling.
- Medical treatment if you get ill or injured on holiday or need treatment for an existing medical condition that you’ve told your insurer about.
- Repatriation if you need to return to the UK because of a medical problem.
- Cancellation and curtailment if you have to cancel or cut your holiday short
AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies also include protection as standard for airline or end supplier failure to make sure you don’t lose out if your travel company or airline goes bust.
Many of the policies on our website also offer policy add-ons to cover specific activities such as winter sports and golf, types of holidays such as cruises or additional protection for gadgets.
Get online quotes in 3 simple steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Can You Get Worldwide Travel Insurance To Include Your Pre-Existing Medical Conditions?
More than 1 in 5 travellers need medical attention when abroad and when you have a pre-existing medical condition, you’re more likely to need help.
At AllClear, we can offer worldwide cover for most existing medical conditions.
You will need to be declared fit to travel and will have to inform your insurer of all your pre-existing medical conditions when buying your policy. This is usually a few simple questions about your health that will help make sure you get the right level of cover.
On the AllClear website, we define a pre-existing medical condition as any disease, illness or injury for which you have:
- Taken any prescribed medication or required medical treatment.
- Consulted a medical practitioner and/or been registered as an in or outpatient.
- Undergone surgery, in or out-patient treatment, tests or investigations in a hospital, clinic or GP surgery.
How Long Will You Be Covered By Worldwide Travel Insurance?
You can take out worldwide cover for:
- Single trips, where you’re insured for the duration of the one trip you’re going on. This is ideal if you only plan on one or two holidays a year. Some insurers may have limits for how long a single trip can last.
- Annual or multi-trip insurance, allowing you to go on as many trips as you like during the year covered. Most insurers place a limit on the duration allowed for each trip – this is up to 45 days with an AllClear policy.
- Extended stays for longer visits. This works the same way as a single-trip policy where you’re covered for the length of the one trip. Some insurers will offer cover up to a year, and it’s important to include all your planned destinations on your policy.
Why More Than A Million People Have Chosen AllClear
97% of customers rate us as ‘Great’ or ‘Excellent’  and we offer cover to 99% of customers .
I had forgotten how easy it all was with AllClear so immediately got in touch with you and a short while later I had it all settled … and because I knew I was going away again next June I took the AllClear Gold Plus Annual Worldwide Cover.
So thanks for that and I have to say the whole thing was easy and stress free.
Elva – Trustpilot
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
We hope you found our information on worldwide travel insurance helpful and enjoy your holidays!
If you’d like to start your quote, click the quote now button below.
 From 50,000 Trustpilot reviews.
 Based on quotes between August 2017 and July 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions About Worldwide Travel Insurance
When does the worldwide travel insurance cover begin?
Full benefits begin on the travel dates you have selected. However, if you have chosen a cancellation cover to be included, this cover begins as soon as you buy your policy. For this reason, it’s important to buy your travel insurance as early as possible – or as soon as you have your trip booked. You can book a single trip policy up to 12 months in advance of your holiday.
What is the age limit on the worldwide travel insurance policies?
We’re pleased to say our AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies have no age limits. During your quote, you’ll only be shown quotes which can cover your age category.
What’s the maximum trip length on a single trip travel insurance policy?
Allowed trip lengths vary between policies, however, the maximum you can get for a single trip quote online is for up to 92 days. Find out more about maximum trip durations here: How long you can travel for.
Is it best to buy a single or an annual multi-trip policy?
Whether buying a single or annual multi-trip policy is best for you, it depends on how often you intend to travel during the next 12 months. If you are going on holiday multiple times throughout the year, an annual policy could work out better value for you.
With an annual multi-trip policy you can travel as many times as you like throughout the period of your insurance. There are, however, limits on the number of days you can be away for any one trip; which for some providers also depends upon your age.