Colostomy travel insurance
Colostomy travel insurance covers you have lived with a colostomy for a long time or have recently had the procedure done and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
AllClear has covered over 500,000 people with medical conditions since 2000, including colostomy, and getting a quote is easy with our simple quote process.
Having a colostomy shouldn’t stop you from travelling. If you are concerned about when you can travel, it’s a good idea to check that your doctor declares you fit enough to travel. For example if you’ve only recently had the colostomy due to a certain condition, your doctor may recommend you wait before travelling.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Getting a quote for colostomy travel insurance
When you go through our quote process you’ll be asked questions about your colostomy. The first two questions you’ll be asked are:
How long ago was your colostomy performed?
Why was the colostomy performed?
In answer to the second question, you’ll have a few options to choose from. These options include medical conditions which may have been the reason you required a colostomy, including bowel cancer, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and more. If your condition isn’t listed, you’ll see the option to select ‘other’.
The next questions will vary depending on your answers to the previous questions.
You’ll also be asked questions about your trip length and destination then once you’ve been through the quote process, you’ll be able to compare quotes from multiple providers all in one place.
While we do offer AllClear branded products, we also have a panel of travel insurance providers meaning you get to choose between them. Before you choose your preferred policy, you will also be able to read through each policy booklet to find out specific points of cover and everything else you need to know about the policy you’re buying will be detailed here.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
What if you have a complication with your colostomy while on holiday?
If you have complications with your colostomy on holiday, as long as you’ve declared it, you’ll be able to seek medical help for this.
Why AllClear Travel?
- We cover claims for any medication which may have been lost or damaged en route.
- Having an AllClear travel insurance policy for colostomy allows you to enjoy your holiday knowing you’re covered.
- We cover any unexpected medical treatment, repatriation (getting you home again) or curtailment (cutting your trip short).
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of January 2022.
^Discount applies to the base price of AllClear branded travel insurance policies purchased through our Call Center only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.