Colostomy travel insurance
Colostomy travel insurance covers you have lived with a colostomy for a long time or have recently had the procedure done and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
AllClear has covered over 500,000 people with medical conditions since 2000, including colostomy, and getting a quote is easy with our simple quote process.
Having a colostomy shouldn’t stop you from travelling. If you are concerned about when you can travel, it’s a good idea to check that your doctor declares you fit enough to travel. For example if you’ve only recently had the colostomy due to a certain condition, your doctor may recommend you wait before travelling.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Getting a quote for colostomy travel insurance
When you go through our quote process you’ll be asked questions about your colostomy. The first two questions you’ll be asked are:
How long ago was your colostomy performed?
Why was the colostomy performed?
In answer to the second question, you’ll have a few options to choose from. These options include medical conditions which may have been the reason you required a colostomy, including bowel cancer, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and more. If your condition isn’t listed, you’ll see the option to select ‘other’.
The next questions will vary depending on your answers to the previous questions.
You’ll also be asked questions about your trip length and destination then once you’ve been through the quote process, you’ll be able to compare quotes from multiple providers all in one place.
While we do offer AllClear branded products, we also have a panel of travel insurance providers meaning you get to choose between them. Before you choose your preferred policy, you will also be able to read through each policy booklet to find out specific points of cover and everything else you need to know about the policy you’re buying will be detailed here.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
What if you have a complication with your colostomy while on holiday?
If you have complications with your colostomy on holiday, as long as you’ve declared it, you’ll be able to seek medical help for this.
Why AllClear Travel?
- We cover claims for any medication which may have been lost or damaged en route.
- Having an AllClear travel insurance policy for colostomy allows you to enjoy your holiday knowing you’re covered.
- We cover any unexpected medical treatment, repatriation (getting you home again) or curtailment (cutting your trip short).
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.