Colostomy travel insurance
Whether you have lived with a colostomy for a long time or have recently had the procedure done, it’s important that you have specific colostomy travel insurance to cover you when travelling.
AllClear has covered over 500,000 people with medical conditions since 2000, including colostomy, and getting a quote is easy with our simple quote process.
Having a colostomy shouldn’t stop you from travelling. If you are concerned about when you can travel, it’s a good idea to check that your doctor declares you fit enough to travel. For example if you’ve only recently had the colostomy due to a certain condition, your doctor may recommend you wait before travelling.
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All conditions. All ages.
Getting a quote for colostomy travel insurance
When you go through our quote process you’ll be asked questions about your colostomy. The first two questions you’ll be asked are:
How long ago was your colostomy performed?
Why was the colostomy performed?
In answer to the second question, you’ll have a few options to choose from. These options include medical conditions which may have been the reason you required a colostomy, including bowel cancer, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and more. If your condition isn’t listed, you’ll see the option to select ‘other’.
The next questions will vary depending on your answers to the previous questions.
You’ll also be asked questions about your trip length and destination then once you’ve been through the quote process, you’ll be able to compare quotes from multiple providers all in one place.
While we do offer AllClear branded products, we also have a panel of travel insurance providers meaning you get to choose between them. Before you choose your preferred policy, you will also be able to read through each policy booklet to find out specific points of cover and everything else you need to know about the policy you’re buying will be detailed here.
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
What if you have a complication with your colostomy while on holiday?
If you have complications with your colostomy on holiday, as long as you’ve declared it, you’ll be able to seek medical help for this.
Why AllClear Travel?
- We cover claims for any medication which may have been lost or damaged en route.
- Having an AllClear travel insurance policy for colostomy allows you to enjoy your holiday knowing you’re covered.
- We cover any unexpected medical treatment, repatriation (getting you home again) or curtailment (cutting your trip short).
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
† 3 months FREE and 20% discount offer applies to AllClear Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum annual policies only. Discount only applies to the base premium and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions. Offer expires on 14 July 2020 at 23:59.