Travel insurance for your heart disease
As the specialists in medical travel insurance since 2000, we understand that it can be difficult to get the travel insurance you want and need if you have a heart disease.
All Clear provides professional cover for pre-existing medical conditions including travel insurance covering heart conditions symptoms such as angina, atrial fibrillation and cardiac difficulties including after heart attack.
We are able to provide cover to thousands of people with pre-existing medical conditions travelling to destinations all over the world and if you have had difficulty getting heart disease travel insurance in the past, we could help you. Our travel insurance for heart conditions…
- Provides cover for mild or severe heart disease.
Offers a 24 hour emergency medical assistance line from abroad.
Covers you for any unplanned medical treatment and replacement medication*.
*Providers will vary, so do check the cover limits of the policy you intend to purchase.
Finding travel insurance when you have a pre-existing medical condition can be a challenge. Finding insurance when you are the country’s first ever recipient of a beating heart perhaps takes that challenge to another level. Before 65-year old Michael Burt found AllClear, he was beginning to think that he was uninsurable, but we were able to cover him. Read more for the full story.
Travel insurance heart conditions: The facts
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £20,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £5,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- Any age. Any medical condition. Any destination.
Heart attack travel insurance
Every day in the UK, 530 people will go to hospital due to a heart attack. If you’ve had a heart attack, and are one of the approximately 7 million people living with cardiovascular disease, you may be wondering how to plan for your next holiday. The important thing is to make sure that you’re fully covered – just in case of any medical emergency while you’re away. Our heart attack travel insurance fully covers your medical conditions and medication.
Tips when travelling after a heart attack
- Talk to your doctor about your trip and find out if they have any specific advice that you should follow while you’re on holiday. They have the best understanding of your heart condition, and they can let you know of any precautions you should – such as getting up from your seat at least every two hours to improve blood circulation.
- If you have an implanted cardiac defibrillator, you should request a hand search at security if possible. There have been no reports of ICD dysfunction caused by metal detectors, but researchers say there could be a theoretical risk.
- When you are on a special diet for your heart problems at home, try to follow your diet as much as possible on your trip. If you have heart issues, eating too much salt can increase your risk of symptoms – so avoid excessively salty foods while travelling.
- If you experience heart symptoms, get emergency medical help right away. You will then need to contact the medical emergency assistance company as detailed in your medical travel insurance policy. You can find the correct telephone number to call for your policy here: Medical Emergency contact numbers.
- If there are any changes to your health before you travel, including any new medication, please contact our Customer Care Team on 01708 339029 and we’ll be happy to update your cover.
Get heart condition holiday insurance quotes in just 3 easy steps
Our 5 star rating on Trustpilot
What our customers say
Important information on heart disease travel insurance
Conditions related to heart disease
Heart disease is a general term related to a number of conditions. It can also be called coronary heart disease and ischemic heart disease. The main symptoms of heart disease are angina, heart attack and heart failure.
You want to ensure you’re properly covered, does our medical screening process allow you to provide details of your heart disease history?
With many years of experience handling very complicated medical conditions, AllClear has designed a straight forward online medical screening process.
This process is a simple question and answer format and provides us with all the information we need to offer you a quote for your heart disease. Once completed you can review the quotes and cover levels available and decide the premium you wish to pay.
What will affect the premium?
With holiday insurance for heart conditions, premiums are calculated based on the answers you provide throughout the medical screening process. Many factors are taken into consideration including the length of your holiday, where you are going, your age and medical conditions.
What happens if your medical situation changes after you’ve bought your policy?
If you develop a new medical condition or an existing one changes once you’ve purchased your travel insurance, you will still be able to amend your policy. Please ready our change in state of health article for more information. You will need to notify us at the earliest opportunity and in particular before you book or commence your trip – just call our Customer Care Team and they will be happy to make any adjustments. Please note that in some cases an additional premium may be applied to your policy to make these changes. Please check your policy wording as providers may vary.