Hypertension travel insurance
At AllClear, we help people with pre-existing medical conditions get the travel insurance that’s right for them. It’s our speciality. So if you’re looking for hypertension travel insurance then you’ve come to the best place!
If you’re ready to get a quote straight away, simply click the quote now button. But if you’d like to find out more about us and how we can help you, read on.
Why you need hypertension travel insurance
Hypertension (high blood pressure) is quite common. Half of all those aged over 65 have it. Because of this, many people don’t tell their travel insurance provider about their hypertension before they travel.
However, it’s classed as a pre-existing medical condition, which means that not declaring it could invalidate your policy should you need to make a claim. If you needed medical treatment as a result of your hypertension whilst overseas, you may end up footing the bill. Having reliable cover means that you’ll get urgent, specialist medical attention when you need it, without high healthcare costs.
The good news is that we offer travel insurance for pulmonary hypertension. Plus, our AllClear policies have no age limit and we can offer annual multi-trip policies and single trip policies to suit you. We believe that you should be able to go where you want, when you want, no matter what your health status or circumstances.
Trouble getting travel insurance for pulmonary hypertension?
If you’ve recently been diagnosed with hypertension, it may have come as a shock if your existing insurance provider says they can no longer cover you. Or perhaps your premium has gone through the roof. We know that it’s not a good feeling to have the worry of insurance hanging over you when you’re trying to plan a relaxing holiday.
But don’t worry, help is at hand!
With us, getting travel insurance with hypertension is a lot more straightforward than you might think. We offer a simple online quote process, and extra help is just a phone call away. Within minutes, you should be able to find comprehensive cover with AllClear.
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £5,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All ages. All medical conditions. All destinations.
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then select the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesA summary of the quotes offered will then be provided for you to review. You can save your quotes or proceed to purchase at this stage.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Travelling with hypertension
AllClear has found cover for over 500,000 people with 1,300 different medical conditions since 2000. So we’re fully aware that our customers often feel anxious about taking overseas trips, especially if they’ve only just been diagnosed.
But travelling with hypertension—or any other medical condition—doesn’t have to be worrying and can still be relaxing and enjoyable!
Before you go
We recommend that all our customers have a good chat with their doctors before jetting off on holiday. Travelling with hypertension (high blood pressure) shouldn’t be a problem for you, but you may need to stock up on extra medication in case of delays and you may want to get some personalised advice.
Plus, your doctor may have some good hypertension travel tips for you, and will remind you of any warning signs you need to be aware of.
Planning for a great holiday
First and foremost, don’t forget your medication! Other things to think about when it comes to your treatment plan while on holiday include:
- Keeping your medication with you in your hand luggage.
- Ensuring you keep your tablets in their original boxes, which state the names and dosages as well as your own name. You could also take a copy of your prescription. This will help prevent any issues at customs and also make it easier for you to source more if needed.
- Working out which times of day you need to take your tablets, especially if you’re travelling into a different time zone. Your doctor can help you with this if needed.
Like any traveller, you’ll want to stay in tip top form while you’re on holiday. A simple way of staying healthy and minimising any problems related to travelling with hypertension is staying well hydrated, especially in hot climates. Be sure to drink bottled water and always keep some in your bag while you’re out sightseeing so you don’t get too thirsty. Plus, try to avoid drinking too much alcohol.
Hypertension travel tips
There are also a few things you’ll need to be aware of which are particular to your condition.
- Luckily, flying doesn’t affect blood pressure in most cases. However, if your blood pressure tends to be unstable or especially high, do check with your doctor before finalizing your travel plans. If you know you’ll need oxygen whilst on the plane, advise your airline in advance and check in early so that staff can make suitable arrangements. Help yourself out by getting to the terminal in plenty of time for your flight, too. Unnecessary stress is not what you need!
- Unfortunately, it’s best to avoid Jacuzzis, hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms. These types of spa facilities are generally not recommended for people with hypertension. If you really want to make use of them, then ask your doctor for advice in advance.
- If you get ill or develop diarrhoea, then it’s vital you seek treatment quickly. Why? If you’re taking an ACE inhibitor or angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB), losing fluid from the body increases the blood-pressure-lowering effect of these medicines.
Here’s to an enjoyable and relaxing holiday!