Type 2 diabetes travel insurance
Diabetes type 2 travel insurance covers you if you’re living with type 2 diabetes and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are on holiday.
The International Diabetes Federation estimates that there are more than 2.7 million people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in the UK and even more that are undiagnosed. AllClear are the specialists in medical travel insurance since 2000 and can offer specialist type 2 diabetes travel insurance.
- We recognise that type 2 diabetes varies in it’s severity so we tailor your travel insurance with type 2 diabetes to meet your needs and ensure the premium accurately reflects your condition.
- You can compare quotes from multiple products so you can compare cover and the price of premiums!
- Save time by comparing quotes for travel insurance for diabetes type 2 all in one place.
- Get a quote easily, online or over the phone.
- We offer quotes from a wide variety of specialist insurance providers.
- There’s no upper age limit on our AllClear policies.
What we cover!
- Medical emergency expenses.
- Cancellation/cutting short your trip.
- Personal property.
- Missed departure/travel delay.
- Winter sports.
- Golf cover.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Frequently asked questions
Your type 2 diabetes is controlled and your blood sugar levels normal. Do you still need to declare diabetes?
Yes. Even if your type 2 diabetes is managed you’ll need to declare it. However, we will ask condition specific questions to determine the level of severity of your condition and this will be reflected in the premiums you are offered.
How do you declare your type 2 diabetes?
During the quote process, we’ll ask you to declare your medical conditions. You’ll need to select ‘add condition’. Then type ‘diabetes’ into the search bar and select ‘search’. You will then see a number of options for you to select. Once you select one of these there will be some specific follow up questions. For further instructions view our how do I declare a medical condition page.
What happens if your medical situation changes after you get your insurance?
If your medical situation changes you must tell us at the earliest opportunity. To change your original medical declaration please call our Customer Care Team on 01708 339029; they will be happy to make the adjustments. In some instances, we will require an additional premium to maintain your cover.
How is your premium determined?
Your destination, trip duration, age and any pre-existing medical conditions you may have, are the main factors in determining your premium. These are used to calculate the cost of your type 2 diabetes insurance premium. Our AllClear policies are continually reviewed to ensure the premiums we offer are accurate and fair.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Complete our simple medical screening process
Declare your type 2 diabetes once you’re asked to ‘add a condition’. We will then ask you some specifically designed medical questions.
Review your type 2 diabetes travel insurance quotes
We’ll then show you a selection of quotes for you to review. At this stage you can either save your quotes or proceed to purchase your policy.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of January 2022.
^Discount applies to the base price of AllClear branded travel insurance policies purchased through our Call Center only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.