Type 2 diabetes travel insurance
The International Diabetes Federation estimates that there are more than 2.7 million people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in the UK and even more that are undiagnosed. AllClear are the specialists in medical travel insurance since 2000 and can offer specialist type 2 diabetes travel insurance.
- We recognise that type 2 diabetes varies in it’s severity so we tailor your travel insurance with type 2 diabetes to meet your needs and ensure the premium accurately reflects your condition.
- You can compare quotes from multiple products so you can compare cover and the price of premiums!
- Save time by comparing quotes for travel insurance for diabetes type 2 all in one place.
- Get a quote easily, online or over the phone.
- We offer quotes from a wide variety of specialist insurance providers.
- There’s no upper age limit on our AllClear policies.
What we cover!
- Medical emergency expenses.
- Cancellation/cutting short your trip.
- Personal property.
- Missed departure/travel delay.
- Winter sports.
- Golf cover.
The main benefits of cover
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £5,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All ages. All medical conditions. All destinations.
Frequently asked questions
Your type 2 diabetes is controlled and your blood sugar levels normal. Do you still need to declare diabetes?
Yes. Even if your type 2 diabetes is managed you’ll need to declare it. However, we will ask condition specific questions to determine the level of severity of your condition and this will be reflected in the premiums you are offered.
How do you declare your type 2 diabetes?
During the quote process, we’ll ask you to declare your medical conditions. You’ll need to select ‘add condition’. Then type ‘diabetes’ into the search bar and select ‘search’. You will then see a number of options for you to select. Once you select one of these there will be some specific follow up questions. For further instructions view our how do I declare a medical condition page.
What happens if your medical situation changes after you get your insurance?
If your medical situation changes you must tell us at the earliest opportunity. To change your original medical declaration please call our Customer Care Team on 01708 339029; they will be happy to make the adjustments. In some instances, we will require an additional premium to maintain your cover.
How is your premium determined?
Your destination, trip duration, age and any pre-existing medical conditions you may have, are the main factors in determining your premium. These are used to calculate the cost of your type 2 diabetes insurance premium. Our AllClear policies are continually reviewed to ensure the premiums we offer are accurate and fair.
Our 3 step quote process
Complete our simple medical screening process
Declare your type 2 diabetes once you’re asked to ‘add a condition’. We will then ask you some specifically designed medical questions.
Review your type 2 diabetes travel insurance quotes
We’ll then show you a selection of quotes for you to review. At this stage you can either save your quotes or proceed to purchase your policy.