What is Single Trip Travel Insurance?
Single trip travel insurance is a policy which covers yourself and others on a single trip. These types of policies are perfect for longer trips and if you are only going away once in the year. If you were to travel more than once a year, you can either take out single trip cover for each journey, or annual multi-trip cover.
Why Should you get Single Trip Travel Insurance?
The key benefit of Single Travel insurance is that it is much cheaper than multi-trip insurance if only travelling once or twice a year, particularly if you’re travelling to a more expensive region just once. It is great for longer trips (over 90 days) across multiple destinations.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Our 5 Star Trustpilot Rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Who Can be Covered by Single Trip Travel Insurance?
Anyone can be covered by our Single Trip Travel Insurance as AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies have no age limits. The pre-existing medical condition cover also means anyone travelling with a specific medical condition is covered. These include but are not limited to heart conditions, diabetes and cancer.
How Far in Advance of Your Holiday Can You Buy Your Policy?
You can buy your single trip travel insurance 12 months in advance of your holiday. If you have chosen the cancellation cover to be included, the cover begins as soon as you buy your policy.
Which Destinations Can You Get Covered For?
With our single trip travel insurance, you can choose up to nine destinations per trip. The regions are split into three categories; 1. Europe, 2. Worldwide excluding the USA, Canada, and the Caribbean, and 3. Worldwide excluding the USA, Canada, and the Caribbean. Of these, there are a broad selection of destinations covered, including but limited to the UK and New Zealand.
What Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Does Single Trip Travel Insurance Cover?
Our single trip travel insurance covers numerous pre-existing medical conditions. These medical conditions include: After Surgery, Allergy, Brain Tumour, Cancer, COPD, Crohn’s Disease, Diabetes, Disability, Epilepsy, Heart Disease, MS, Mobility and Prostate Cancer.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does cover begin?
Full benefits begin on the travel dates you have selected. However, if you have chosen cancellation cover to be included, this cover begins as soon as you buy your policy. For this reason, it’s important to buy your travel insurance as early as possible – or as soon as you have your trip booked. You can book a single trip policy up to 12 months in advance of your holiday.
What is the age limit on single trip travel insurance policies?
We’re pleased to say our AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies have no age limits. During your quote, you’ll only be shown quotes which can cover your age category.
What’s the maximum trip length on a single trip travel insurance policy?
Allowed trip lengths vary between policies, however, the maximum you can get for a single trip quote online is for up to 92 days.
Do you need single trip travel insurance if you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)?
If you have an EHIC (which used to be called the E111), you get medical treatment at the same price as the residents within EU countries you’re visiting. This often means either free or reduced costs. However, the EHIC does not cover you for all eventualities, and so you also need comprehensive travel insurance. For example, if you’re taken to a private clinic in a private ambulance, you won’t be covered. The EHIC also doesn’t cover the cost of repatriation if you need to be flown back to the UK following an accident on holiday.
When might you want to choose an annual multi-trip policy?
- If you’re travelling to the same region often, you will generally pay lower premiums for an annual policy compared to buying multiple single trip policies. Usually, an annual multi-trip policy starts to become more cost-effective when you are travelling three or more times in a 12 month period. However, this rule can be affected by how long you are travelling for. For example, if you are travelling for 45 days each time for two trips, an annual multi-trip policy could still be cheaper.
- Having an annual multi-trip policy gives your holiday plans greater flexibility. Rather than needing to tell us exactly where you’ll be, you only need to select your preferred region of cover.
You can read more about annual multi-trip policies here: Annual multi-trip travel insurance