Do I need over 75s travel insurance?
Travel insurance for over 75s covers you for unforeseen circumstances while away, including medical emergencies, even if they are Covid-19 related or you have pre-existing medical conditions. This means you can travel with peace of mind, knowing you have support if you have a medical problem, and you do not need to worry about unexpected medical bills.
Why Choose AllClear?
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000, including for Covid-19
- Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover, including for Covid-19
- Up to 30 days FREE extended cover (if due to unexpected circumstances beyond your control)
- Up to £2,000, if medically necessary, for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19 (costs for room and to accompany you home)
- Repatriation costs, when medically necessary, to bring you back to the UK where it is deemed to be in your best interests
- Following recovery from Coronavirus, costs for a continued recuperation stay, when medically necessary and under doctors advice
- Costs for your return flight following your enforced stay due to Coronavirus
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000
- All conditions. All ages.
Do You Have to Declare All of Your Pre-Existing Medical Conditions?
It is important to declare all of your pre-existing medical conditions you may have, regardless of your age.
If you choose not to disclose, the validity of your policy may be affected, which could leave you out of pocket…
Just being repatriated from Asia or America due to a medical emergency will cost between £50,000 – £70,000.
Our comprehensive over 75s cover will provide you with the protection you need. Simply declare your medical conditions through our easy 3-step medical screening process online or by speaking to one of our trained professionals over the phone.
Additional Cover Benefits From AllClear
Cover for baggage & personal possessions, plus as an optional extra cover for up to 7 gadgets - such as mobile phones and tablets - which are usually excluded from travel insurance policies
Cover a range of activities free of charge, ranging from scuba diving to safari trekking! Our optional extras also include specific for Golf - such as loss of green fees - and Winter Sports cover for an additional cost
Our 3 Simple Step Quote Process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 Star Rating on Trustpilot
“Quick and simple to use. You find the cover you want pick and price and it’s all done ✔ Will recommend to my friends as difficult to get insurance over 75 but when you are fit and well why should it be so troublesome.” – Debbie Howard, Trustpilot
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Discover why 97% of customers rate us as Excellent or Great!
Travel Tips to Consider For Your Holiday
A little bit of planning ahead can help you enjoy your holiday to the fullest. Check out these 4 tips for peace of mind.
- Do you need any vaccinations? Check with your doctor to confirm the precautions you should take
- If you need to make extra arrangements for your flight, hotel or any planned trip (such as providing for a wheelchair or any dietary requirements) then make sure those are done before you depart
- Packing can be a chore and even stressful. To help make sure you travel with everything you need, you can download our FREE holiday packing checklist
- Think about holiday protection insurance! If you book a package holiday; buying flights, accommodation and other components through one supplier, the company selling the package holiday can provide financial protection for all aspects via the ATOL bond system. This protection pays out in the event of the supplier going bust. You can also check out our AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies which have End Supplier Failure and Scheduled Airline Failure included as standard
Frequently Asked Questions on Travel Insurance for Over 75s
Does the over 75s travel insurance cover sports and other activities?
We cover a whole range of activities with no additional cost (check your policy booklet), but you can also add on specific Golf and Winter Sports cover for an additional cost.
Should you get single trip or annual multi-trip cover?
Single trip travel insurance is a policy that covers you for a one-off trip on selected dates. It has the great benefit of allowing you to travel for longer: up to 92 days online.
If you’re planning on getting away a few times in the next 12 months, buying an annual multi-trip policy can be cheaper. Also, annual cover gives you the freedom to travel as many times as you like throughout the year! The maximum trip duration does change between annual multi-trip policies, and you can view them here: Maximum trip durations. As an example, you can travel up to 45 days per trip on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus annual multi-trip cover – however old you are. And you can even pay a little bit more to get an extension for up to 55 days!
What if you are on a waiting list for treatment?
We’re pleased to say you can include Waiting list cover on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies.
Does the over 75s travel insurance cover damages from natural disasters?
To be covered for natural disasters, such as a hurricane or earthquake, you can add our Optional Extra of Travel Disruption.
How often can you travel with over 75s annual travel insurance?
For AllClear Gold and Gold Plus annual multi-trip policies, you can take any number of trips during the year. Rather than needing to tell us exactly where you’ll be, you only need to select your preferred region of the cover.
However, there may be restrictions on how many times you can travel in 12 months for other providers on our quote panel.
How is the cost of over 75s travel insurance calculated?
A number of factors are taken into consideration when calculating premiums. These include: The destination to which you are traveling (for example, Spain, the United States, and Canada are among the more expensive countries in which to receive medical treatment); the duration of your trip; the type and severity of your medical conditions and your age and the level of benefits being offered to you.
Also, quote premiums vary by the provider because they can offer different levels of cover, excesses, and upgrades.
How to make sure you are ‘Fit to travel’?
You don’t need to provide us with a certificate from your doctor, but you will need to confirm you’re fit to travel at the time of getting a quote or purchasing a policy. If you need to make a claim, you may require a letter from your doctor confirming that you were fit to travel at the time you bought your policy, and the date when you were declared unfit to travel.
What if you buy an over 75s travel policy then your medical conditions change?
If you have bought an over 75s travel policy and you need to amend a detail of your declared medical conditions then simply get in touch at the earliest possible opportunity and we will update your details.
It’s important to let us know any changes before you travel to ensure your policy is the most up to date and you’re still covered.
What’s the difference between single trip or annual multi-trip travel insurance for over 50's?
It’s quite simple.
→ Single trip travel insurance: Covers you for a one-off trip on selected dates only. You can travel up to 92 days.
→ Annual multi-trip travel insurance: Allows you unlimited travel throughout the entire year! This is perfect if you’re planning on getting away a few times in the next 12 months because it’s cheaper than buying several single trip travel insurance policies.
The maximum trip duration does change between annual multi-trip policies.
As an example, you can travel up to 45 days per trip for unlimited trips with the AllClear Gold and Gold Plus annual multi-trip cover. And if needed, you can easily extend this with additional days for only a small premium.
Over 75s travel insurance and the EHIC
If you already have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – great!
But, remember! This only gives you access to the default state healthcare system within a given country. The EHIC does not replace travel insurance. For example, it won’t cover you for:
- Needing to cancel the holiday before you go
- Medical transport (repatriation) to get back home
Having a comprehensive travel insurance policy is even more critical if you’re travelling outside of Europe.
Are there any exclusions for over 75s travel insurance?
No, there are not. Winter Sports is available as an Optional Extra up to the age of 76 on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies!
What’s more, we have a diverse list of Optional Extras available to further boost your cover, such as:
- Travelling Companion
- Waiting List
- Travel Disruption
- Golf cover