Why do you need medical travel insurance for over 75’s?
Medical emergencies while away can lead to expensive bills to pay. The cost of repatriation alone can lead to huge expenses. Medical travel insurance will remove the financial burden and cover you up to £15million for emergency medical expenses.
AllClear can help you plan your holiday with ease leaving you the time to relax and enjoy your holiday.
Coronavirus cover for over 75’s
Our Annual Travel Report showed that since the pandemic, safety is more important than ever for over 75’s when travelling.
We now offer enhanced COVID-19 cover for over 75s as standard within all our AllClear branded travel insurance policies.
The rollout of the COVID-19 vaccination throughout the UK has been a welcome resolve to a hard year. Now that 92% of survey respondents have been vaccinated – we can really start to get excited about travelling abroad again from May 2021. 89% of people asked in our latest survey said they will resume leisure activities after the vaccine.
You do not have to declare if you have had the COVID-19 vaccination for your insurance policy although a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 should be declared.
Cover for over 75s with pre-existing medical conditions
Each pre-existing condition differs from person to person. Make sure you declare all pre-existing medical conditions that you may have during the screening process.
What is a pre-existing medical condition?
A pre-existing medical condition is any diagnosis you’ve had in the last 5 years or any condition that you have taken medication for in that time. It’s important to declare all pre-existing medical conditions before you travel so we can give you the right level of cover based on your individual circumstances. Some examples of pre-existing medical conditions we’ve covered are:
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease / Heart Attack / Heart Failure
- Osteo/Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Atrial Fibrillation
GHIC cover for over 75s
The new GHIC agreement between the UK and the EU replaces the EHIC card and offers UK residents the same level of cover as the EHIC card had done before. The GHIC card is valid in the 27 countries within the EU.
Why choose AllClear?
At AllClear we’ve been offering specialist medical travel insurance for over 20 years. We’ve won many awards for our customer service and our insurance policies have been rated at 5-stars independently.
We offer Gold, Silver and Platinum insurance policies for over 75s and cover you for up to £15million for medical expenses. Our current Trustpilot rating in 4.9 – See what our customers are saying.
As long as the FCDO does not advise against travelling then we will continue to provide our customers with comprehensive cover.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Benefits of an AllClear policy
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000, including for Covid-19
- Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover, including for Covid-19
- Up to 30 days FREE extended cover (if due to unexpected circumstances beyond your control)
- Up to £2,000, if medically necessary, for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19 (costs for room and to accompany you home)
- Repatriation costs, when medically necessary, to bring you back to the UK where it is deemed to be in your best interests
- Following recovery from Coronavirus, costs for a continued recuperation stay, when medically necessary and under doctors advice
- Costs for your return flight following your enforced stay due to Coronavirus
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000
- All conditions. All ages.
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Competitor comparison table
|This table shows how AllClear Travel Insurance compares to other providers i||AllClear||Staysure||Avanti||Saga|
|5-star Trustpilot reviews||82%||77%||77%||71%|
|5-star Defaqto rated|
|Good Housekeeping endorsement|
|Established for 20+ years|
|Maximum cancellation cover||£25k||£15k||£7.5k||£10k|
|Minimum standard excess||£0||£65||£0||£70|
|Baggage delay benefit after 12 hours i||£250||£0||£75||£250|
|Number of product choices||4||2||3||1|
|No age limits i|
|Travel companion cover|
|Terminal conditions cover|
|Admin fee for cancelling during the cooling off period||£0||£25||£25||£0|
|Refund provided outside of cooling off period|
|Claims paid within 5 working days i||100%||95%||N/A||N/A|
Flexible, tailored medical insurance for the over 75’s
Our AllClear medical travel insurance policies can be designed to meet your specific needs. As well as cover for medical emergencies and cancellation, we also offer extras to enhance your policy.
- Cruise Cover – If you’re going on a cruise then it is vital to add cruise cover to your policy.
- Travel Disruption – can cover you for unforeseen natural and civil events such as weather disruption or civil unrest.
- Gadget Cover – If you want us to insure your personal electronic devices then add Gadget Cover to your policy
- Travel Companion – Travel Companion cover can insure people in your travelling party against the cancellation of the holiday due to one of your medical conditions. Even if they have other insurance from another insurance provider, if someone in your party wants to be covered against your pre-existing medical conditions then AllClear can offer them protection too.
Golf Cover – If you are playing golf on holiday then AllClear can provide you with golf cover to protect your equipment as well as other aspects of your golf holiday.
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 Star Rating on Trustpilot
“I am delighted with the prompt response to my queries following travel restrictions due to Covid-19. I feel secure and safe with this Company and will happily recommend it to my friends.” – Alex Lockhart, Trustpilot
Frequently asked questions for over 75’s medical insurance
What do over 75s need to do to prepare for your trip?
Depending on where you plan to travel, if the FCDO declares the destination safe to travel to, then you may need to have specific medication or a vaccination before you go.
Check with your doctor to confirm the precautions you should take.
You may need to make extra arrangements for your flight, hotel or any planned trip (such as providing for a wheelchair or any dietary requirements).
Packing can be a chore and even stressful. To help make sure you travel with everything you need, you can download our FREE holiday packing checklist
How much does travel insurance cost for over 75s?
A number of different factors are taken into account when calculating your insurance premium. Your age and any pre-existing medical conditions you have will affect the price as will the country you are going to and the duration that you plan to be there for. Also, any additional extras that you add to your policy will also have an effect on the final premium.
Should you get a single trip or annual multi-trip policy?
Single trip travel insurance is a policy that covers you for a one-off trip on selected dates. It has the great benefit of allowing you to travel for longer: up to 365 days in one trip!
If you’re planning on getting away a few times in the next 12 months, buying an annual multi-trip policy can be cheaper. Also, annual cover gives you the freedom to travel as many times as you like throughout the year! The maximum trip duration does change between annual multi-trip policies, and you can view them here: Maximum trip durations. As an example, you can travel up to 45 days per trip on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus annual multi-trip cover – however old you are. And you can even pay a little bit more to get an extension for up to 55 days!
Author notes. By Daniel Davies, AllClear Medical and Travel Content Creator. “It’s important that our customers are given all the information they need before making their decisions. We go the extra mile, making sure customers are well informed and feel secure before they travel.”
Edited by Letitia Smith, MSc, Content Manager.