Purple Day 2020 Quiz Answers
- Epilepsy affects 50 million people worldwide.
- There is no known cause for approximately 65% of people living with epilepsy.
- The Greek philosopher Hippocrates (460-377 BC) was the first person to think that epilepsy starts in the brain.
- One in every 4 people newly diagnosed with epilepsy is over the age of 65.
- There are around 60 different types of seizure.
- Photosensitive epilepsy affects 3% of people with epilepsy.
- There are 800,000 people with epilepsy living in the UK.